Minnesota Trapshooting Association
MTA Hall Of Fame
MINNESOTA TRAPSHOOTING ASSOCIATION
Minnesota Trapshooting Hall of Fame
Curt Peterson grew up in rural southern Minnesota farm country and as a kid all he could think about was hunting . He would ride his bike with his 410 single shot across the handle bars to hunt rabbits , ducks , geese .
Curt started shooting trap with his Grampa and uncles in the pasture . Soon moved on to merchandise shoots at the East Chain Sportsman club and then to the Fairmont Trap Club which he still belongs to today .
Curt started shooting registered targets in 1975 and is still going strong today. As of the end of the 2022 shooting year Curt had registered 163650-16’s, 147600-Hdcp, 91150 -Dbls targets.
Curts wife Alice has been a great supporter , They have 2 kids a daughter Michelle , son Ryan . Also 2 Grandsons Bryan and Colby . Ryan , Bryan , Colby have also been excellent shooters.
Some of Curts most memorable accomplishments are:
- Winning 2 -16 yrd Non- Res. Championships at the South Dakota State Shoot.
- Being a member of a 500 x 500 squad at the 2012 Grand American, All of whom were Minnesota shooters – Dave Harris , Glen Linden , Mariah Michaelis , and Tim Mackey.
- Breaking a 98 in handicap at the Minnesota State Shoot and winning the shoot off against Harlan Campbell
- Breaking a 99 in the handicap event at the Spring Grand and winning the shoot off against Pat Lamont
- Winning a handicap event at the Minnesota State Shoot with a 99 from the 27yard line
- Minnesota All State Teams 11 times
- ATA All American team 5 times
Curt loves the competition -win or lose-it really doesn’t matter its all part of the fun. Curt wants to thank the MTA board for this great honor and all the memories